The Palacio de Montarco was built in the XV century and in 1958
it was awarded the category of BIC (Properties of Cultural Interest). Over the years, the Palace has had several uses, from being
used as a barracks to serving as a military hospital. When the French army was in
retreat, the British General Wellington began the siege of the city on January
9, 1812. Whilst in Rodrigo City, this palace served as Wellington's headquarters. In exchange for the liberation of the city, Wellington
received the title of Duke of Ciudad Rodrigo. Behind the majestic main entrance door, a hall leads to a cloister which gives access to the stairs, living rooms, suites,
bathrooms, archives, warehouse, conditioned cellar, and kitchens. On the upper floor, surrounded by a gallery, there are three
large spaces currently used as lounges that can be transformed into rooms if necessary.
It also has three spacious rooms with modern en-suite bathrooms. On this same
floor, there is a large industrial kitchen perfectly equipped for entertaining large events. Renaissance gardens that lead onto the Cathedral complete the great
possibilities that Palacio de Montarco has for the realisation of events. On the side of the gardens, there is another area that can
be used as a garage. This palace-house has a notable reference to Renaissance
civil architecture at a national level. The current interior architectural configuration,
allows the modification of spaces to transform them into others, according to the
different activities to which it will be used. It has a hotel license.